Working with our partner CGI, Dacoll have been awarded the Hardware and deskside support element of the Councils long term support contract. The contract will run at least until 2023 providing local employment opportunities through both CGI and Dacoll.
Overall, The City of Edinburgh Council named CGI and Dacoll as the key partners to deliver improved ICT support on a long term contract after an exhaustive tender and evaluation process.
- Contract worth £186m over seven years
- Will save Council a minimum of £45m over term of contract
- Worth an additional £46m thanks to provision of further essential services at no extra cost
- Secondary schools to receive up to 50 times greater bandwidth and primary schools up to 100 times greater
- Massive boost to Council’s channel shift programme
- Creation of 221 new jobs and 60 modern apprenticeships in Edinburgh
This will transform Council services and save a minimum of £45m over the next seven years.
The support extends to over 300 locations with 18,000 devices across the Council’s Corporate and Learning & Teaching operations throughout the city.